Category Archives: Through the Cabin Window

Selected items from “Yesterdays” column in Log Cabin Democrat; reprinted here with permission.

Through the Cabin Window – April, 2018

100 YEARS AGO, 1918

♦ Three firms occupying the old Halter Building on the corner of Oak and Front streets were moving their stocks and fixtures to new stands until the new building, to be erected by F.U. Halter, was completed. Greeson Drug Co. and V.G. Craig were moving into the Martin and Scroggin Building adjoining the Faulkner County Bank, while the Racket Store Continue reading

Through the Cabin Window – February 2018

100 YEARS AGO, 1918

♦ A disastrous fire burned the main building and valuable machinery of the Conway Cotton Oil and Gin Company, Manager J. Frank Jones announced the company would rebuild the plant. Fire Chief R.C. Dickerson and his assistants responded promptly and managed to keep much of the plant and stock of seed and seed products valued at more than $100,000 from being destroyed.

♦ S.G. Smith of Conway sold Continue reading