Reprinted here by special permission of the author, Cindy Beckman, a retired Conway High School history teacher who writes local history.
In the early days of medicine, drugs were often dispensed by country doctors who made house calls. The doctor usually had two bags, one for his tools and one for the variety of remedies he would prescribe. As towns grew, doctors opened up offices with drug stores usually established somewhere nearby.
Various sources say that the drug store on the southeast corner of Oak and Front was originally established in 1890 by Dr. J.F. Kincheloe. Kincheloe Drug later became Continue reading